A recent poll came out showing the majority of republicans think ACORN stole the election for then candidate Barack Obama. They must be forgetting that we were fighting two wars, the economy was in the tank, gas prices were $3+ and George Bush’s ratings were in the gutter. Lets not forget that McCain was a poor candidate, and sure he was doing well at one point, but that ended with the introduction of Sarah Palin. She scared a lot of people and sort of proved that America doesn’t accept this form of extreme conservatism. Now I’m no fan of ACORN but, considering the margin by which Obama won and the fact that republicans can’t provide any evidence ACORN was able to steal the election for Obama, my only conclusion is that the republican party is delusional.
Instead of scapegoating ACORN for all of their failures, how about improving the party. Clearly the party is failing on many levels. With the fracture in the party, (moderate) republicans verses conservatives (or moderate versus extremists), it’s clear the party of No hasn’t done much to improve itself. To this day you even have conservative like Hoffman (NY-23 candidate) blaming ACORN for winning the election for Owens. Just like Sarah Palin, NY-23 rejected his extremist conservatism. That’s the problem, extreme conservatism. Just look at the failures of the republican party this year,
- Republicans alternative economic plan contained few numbers or estimates
- Republican alternative health care plan savings weren’t estimated because they don’t know how to calculate that under CBO rules
- Public doesn’t have any idea what their health care plan is…probably because they were too busy yelling
- Teabaggers invade street corners with racist and offensive signs and then screaming racist insults.
- Michael Steele constantly fails the republican party with his constant gaffes about race and couldn’t even stand up to Limbaugh
- Obviously over-exaggerated outrage over Obama’s education speech, health care commercials and the president bowing in respect to foreign leaders
- GOP sides with insurance companies which have made a fool of themselves throughout the summer and only made their customers mad.
This is only a short list of the crap that happened over the summer and feel free to add to this list of failures. My suggestion is that the republicans look at themselves and realize ACORN didn’t and doesn’t need to steal the election for democrats. Republicans are did a good job at keeping democrats in office.